18 April 2011

Brothers Birthday Party and Sports Day

Hello again!

My brothers birthday has happened last month and this is how we celebrated it one Sunday.

When I woke up my brother was already awake ready for his present. We put Little Big Planet 2 (which is the best game on the planet) in a Bejeweled case. When we gave it to my brother he (would you believe it) pretended that he liked the Bejeweled game! But when he opened it he said OMG and we started playing it. When the guests arrived all of them either gave money or a gift card but one of my friends gave a board game.

For lunch I had chicken and rice with sprite. After lunch we played a Lego board game and played outside with my friends’ rabbits and guinea pigs.

Now that was a month ago, you may not know this but each year our school has a sports day and every body is in a team: red, green, gold or blue. My brother and I are in the blue team. We started sports day coming to school in our team top and school shorts. After school work, testing, recess, handball (a poplar sport in our school), warming up and war cries, we walked to the oval with our buddies.

We started with our war cries. Our war goes something like this:

“Coca Cola Pepsi cola scream and shout were gonna hypnotise them paralyse them knock them out we’re gonna hit them high were gonna hit them low go blue team go go go 2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate 9 10 11 12 who’s the best in the world goooo blue team”

My classes’ first activity was soccer. It was supposed to be the long jump but the council workers who maintain the oval buried the jumping pit. For soccer we had to dribble the ball in and out of the cones.

Then after that we did the three-legged race. My partner and I loved that event. We had to go with a partner around the cone and back again.

Our 3rd event was high jump and I think I made it on all my turns (funny thing is I never made it over in practice).

After that, we did cricket but it was not my favourite activity because I twisted my ankle (it has healed now) so I only got 1 turn at tug-o-war.

Because of my injury I skipped sprints just to be safe. Then we did rugby where we had to weave in and out of the cones again but carrying a rugby ball. Lucky last we did relays and our class paired up with the other 4/5 class.

In the end, an actual Olympian walker handed out the awards.

The results for the sportsmanship shield was:

  • 4th Gold
  • 3rd Green
  • 2nd Red
  • 1st Blue

The sports day shield results were:

  • 4th Gold
  • 3rd Green
  • 2nd Blue
  • 1st Red.

What is good about Sports Day was that we were so close to winning and hopefully next year we can come first.

Signing out!

Bb

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day of fun on Sports Day. Belated Happy Birthday to Nico! Keep up the good writing, Ate B. :)

    ReplyDelete